Quick Design Typology
Design is not just color choice or logo composition. It is the way a product is composed, that structures
- how a user interacts with the product
- what the flow of actions the user takes on it
- what mood and tone it conveys to the user
- what information and values are conveyed to users
- whether the user finds the product useful, usable, or engaging.
Here are some quickly sketched out notes on different types of design that go into (almost) any product. Most lawyers go straight for Visual Design or Graphic Design when they talk about design & law. But I’d push more exploration of Information Design & Interaction Design. These are the domains that can transform legal service delivery & legal self-management.