Information Persona to understand your target audience
- How does your person like to consume info?
- Tech channels or not — and for which kinds of info?
- What style of language — formal, conversational, jargon-free, jargon-rich?
- Who should be the apparent source of info — a peer, the government, a trusted advisor, the crowd, a celebrity?
- What kind of senses should the communication tap into? Visuals, text, sounds, media, etc.?
- How much interactivity? Do they want a straight text document with some illustrations? Or tabs and stages to click through? Do they want short bursts of info, or long passages?
- And for all the questions above, how are their preferences specifically in regard to the legal domain?
The user research phase of your design work should be uncovering answers to these questions, because this will set out your guiding requirements for how you should be presenting legal information to them.